RVAsec is the first Richmond, Virginia, security convention to bring top speakers to the mid-atlantic region. The conference will be held on Thursday, June 2nd and Friday June 3rd at the Commonwealth Ballroom at VCU’s University Commons. There will be no training classes this year.
What to expect at RVAsec:
- Awesome keynotes by Wendy Nather, Karen Jackson and Trey Ford!
- Great speakers with great topics!
- Breakfast, lunch, coffee & snack breaks
- Amazing badge from Hack.RVA (if you register in time!)
- RVAsec bag stuffed with swag
- To be clear, the RVAsec branded bag is the most EPIC bag ever!
- Capture The Flag
- RVAsec t-shirt with sweet logo
- Post-con reception sponsored by vArmour with adult beverages (and more food) on Friday
- Passport for prizes with tons of great items!
- SLAit Consulting – GoPro
- Sunera – $100 gift card
- Optiv / Intel – $100 gift card
- Trend Micro – Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
- Cigital – $100 Visa card
- Aruba Networks – Amazon Tap Alexa-Enabled Bluetooth Speaker
- Risk Based Security – $100 Amazon gift card
- Symantec – Headphone and $100 Amazon gift card
- Rapid7 – Bluetooth Speaker
- Assura – 32gb Apple TV
- Hermetic Networks – Sphero SPRK Edition
- CDW – Tablet
- Check Point – $100 Amex gift card
- Varonis – $100 Visa Card
- Fortinet – Light Weight ABS 21” Carry-On Luggage
- Capital One – Amazon Echo
- After party sponsored Anomali and GuidePoint Security on Thursday
Details for RVAsec:
Virginia Commonwealth University Campus
University Student Commons, 2nd floor
907 Floyd Avenue, Richmond, VA 23284
Main Street Parking Deck
801 West Main Street, Richmond, VA 23284
Parking: Parking will be available in the Main Street Parking Deck (across from The Altria Theater–can also enter via Cherry Street). Enter via the attendant gate, and if you see the “lot full” sign explain that you are here for RVAsec and that spaces have been reserved. Take a ticket–an exit pass will be given to you at registration. Overflow parking is at the Broad St or Cary St parking decks.
Walking To Student Commons from Main Street Parking Deck: If entering from Main Street, walk through the deck and exit out of the Cherry Street side. Turn right onto Cherry Street & go to the corner/stoplight–the Student Commons is diagonal across this intersection (directly behind The Altria Theater). Cross the street and enter via the back entrance, then proceed straight past the food court (on right) and take stairs/elevator to 2nd floor, turn right & through double-doors. If entering through main door of Student Commons, proceed upstairs to registration.
Map centered on parking deck & Student Commons: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.546076,-77.45268&spn=0.004006,0.005579&t=h&z=18&lci=weather
The conference is two full days, which includes breakfast & lunch, breaks and after event activities. Breakfast and check-in start at 8 AM with the first talks at 9 AM each day.
– Parking deck and the building both open at 7:30 AM
– VCU guest Wifi will be available